Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hannah in Kindergarten

Hannah - my brave little school girl. Dave and I commented on how we have become so familiar with your "Brave Face". It's so mind blowing to see you trying to keep it all together when you want to burst into tears and hide. We are going into day 3 of Kindergarten and you are struggling so much with everything new. It's so tough for you to go off on your own, needing to take care of yourself but I'm proud of you for doing it anyway. You are clearly going to need a long time to get used to this new crazy trip you are going on but I know you are ready.

When you woke up this morning you started to cry almost right away. "Please!!! Do I have to go to school?" I had to give you the same line I was given 29 years ago by my parents. "Yes, you have to go to school. All children have go to school." At the moment, I am really not sure why you have to go to school but you do so tomorrow is a new day, and the day after that, and the next day too. Let's hope you find yourself soon.

I am also so happy to witness a beautiful sisterhood in the making. When you walked off with your teacher crying on your first day of school I got very teary myself. I was instantly out done by Sadie, who began to sob. I am sure it was partly because she was worried she was missing out but I also know that she was definitely feeling your pain. You have a true friend in Sadie - where ever you go, rest assured she is missing you as much as I am.


I hope that tomorrow you wake up without the butterflies and tears. I hope you gobble down your oatmeal and rush off to get backpack on. I hope you skip all the way to school. But, if you don't, I will take care of you in the best way I know how - for as many days as it takes.

3 comments:

Howler said...

Oh Jen, Hannah, Sadie, and Dave - even I got teary reading that post! You're a big girl, Hannah, I can't wait to see some of the great things you've made at school! One day I'll tell you the story of how I cried about going to school until my mom said "Kate, it's Saturday!"

art-i-choke said...

Awww...that is so sweet.

Unknown said...

How Blessed am I to have you as part of my world; not because of anything I've done but just by happenstances of family.
Thank you for the sharing the words of wisdom and the reminder of how much I do love my family. If you ever have a hard time explaining to Miss Sadie about Missing someone, tell her it's just a little bit of proof to her that she is loving well and has been well loved.
Peace Love and Angels, Cindy