Tuesday, February 4, 2014

15 months ago, we grew up.  We have become a family that barely fits in a booth at a restaurant.  We've outgrown a hotel room with only two double beds, unless someone sleeps on the floor.  We've also suddenly gained another opportunity to eat birthday cake.  Another reason to celebrate.  An extra set of hands to help carry heavy things.  We are now a family that has TWO males and three females.

It's so amazing to me to watch my own daughters become nurturers.  What an amazing household to bring a baby home to!  My son is raised by 4 strong smart people and I couldn't be more pleased about that.  I know he feels lucky.  I can see it when he lights up as someone coming into the room.  I can taste it in his sticky kisses.  I can feel it when he cuddles close.  He's surrounded and he knows it.  It's what keeps him safe and warm.

As a mother, I know I got very lucky.  I have three kids who I couldn't have hand picked better.  Smart, funny, loving people.  I like the chaos, noise level and extreme scheduling challenge of it all.  I can't wait to watch this all unfold into one big happy story.  Lucky lucky grateful me.

No comments: