Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas 2008


Here comes Christmas. Am I ever glad I have two girls to show me how to celebrate this year. I have always loved Christmas time. My parents filled the month of December with so much magic that I can't help but get excited every December 1st when I hang the advent calendar for you both. It doesn't matter that the pockets no longer contain treats intended for me. I am actually MORE thrilled to hear your squeals when you run to the calendar each morning than I was when I was the one running to see what the fuzzy felt pocket each day in December. Last week I set up the nativity scene that sat on the mantel at my house when I grew up. It's sitting in front of me now on our fireplace mantel. I can't tell you how many times I re-arranged that scene each holiday season growing up. It was like my Christmas doll house. I am so glad to have it here at our house this year. As Christmas Eve approaches, I have a bit of anxiety about how to keep the magic alive but I think I am missing the point to magic, aren't I? The magic comes to me through you. I'm not sure why or how it will come, but I know that when dusk falls on that night, where ever we are, who ever else we are with, it will be great. I have 35 magic Christmases under my belt as proof. Now it's time for us to look forward to the abundance of magic in the air that follows us everywhere we go.

No comments: